One of the foremost means of staying healthy much depends upon the kind of food we eat. Staying healthy is possible by living close to nature and consuming natural foods, many of the foods that we consume today are a major cause for the life style diseases that haunt people across the world. There are still many readily available natural foods that can help you stay healthy and live disease free. Incorporating these foods will help you lead a healthy life, foods that are scientifically proven by research and years of study.
Lets learn and know these foods closely in detail and understand, how good and healthy they are for the body.
- Berries: All berries are low in sugar and high in fiber. Research has scientifically proven these notion, Blueberries have been shown to increase memory in lab studies, also raspberries and strawberries are loaded with Ellagic acid, a powerful antioxidant that seems to have some anti-cancer properties, according to the American Cancer Society.
- Beans: Beans are extremely high in fiber, which helps to control weight, prevent or manage diabetes, blood sugar, and may help prevent colon cancer and protect against heart disease. The National Institute of Medicine recommends 25-38 grams of fiber a day. One cup of beans provides 11-17 grams.
- Nuts: Some of the largest and most important long-term studies on diet and health have shown that eating nuts several times a week is consistent with a risk of heart attack and heart disease that is 30%-50% lower than the general population. Just one ounce of nuts, almonds, macadamia, walnuts, pecans-eaten three to five times a week seems to be the magic number.
- Wild Salmon: Fish is the ultimate anti-aging food. Cold-water fatty fish like wild salmon, sardines, mackerel and herring contain omega-3 fats that protects the brain, heart, lowers blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Raw Milk: Raw organic milk nearly always comes from grass-fed cows and contains high levels of cancer-fighting CLA (Conjugated Linolenic Acid) as well as a rich assortment of vitamins, minerals and beneficial bacteria (like Lactobacillus acidophilus).
- Grass-Fed Meat: Meat from grass-fed cows has a much different fat profile than ordinary supermarket meat, grass fed meat is high in omega-3s, lower in potentially harmful omega-6s and also its loaded with conjugated linolenic acid CLA, a kind of fat known for its anti-cancer activity. A superb source of protein and vitamin B12, it’s also missing the antibiotics, steroids and hormones found in the meat that comes from feedlot farms.
- Eggs and Vegetables: Eggs are usually considered by many to be nature’s most perfect food, the egg is high in protein and relatively low in calories. The yolk contains choline, one of the most important nutrients for the brain, as well as Lutein and Xeazanthin, two critical nutrients for eye health. Brassica Vegetables Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and kale all contain plant compounds called indoles that help reduce the risk of cancer. In addition to a stunning range of vitamins and minerals, they also contain sulforaphane, an important plant chemical that helps the body detoxify health-damaging chemicals.
- Apples: As it goes for the good olden saying not only do they keep the doctor away; they also appear to keep off lung cancer, diabetes and asthma. An apple contains five grams of fiber and a rich blend of nutrients including the bone-building vitamin K and the anti-inflammatory nutrient quercetin. And there’s no better way to control your appetite than an apple eaten about half an hour before a big meal.
- Onions and Garlic: In an impressive number of published studies, the consumption of onions and garlic has demonstrated protective effects against stomach, prostate and esophageal cancer. Along with broccoli, tea, apples, onions and garlic are among a select group of foods found to reduce mortality from heart disease by 20%.
- Pomegranate Juice: Is called “a natural Viagra” by researchers at Tel Aviv University, pomegranate juice is loaded with antioxidants. Studies show it can reduce blood pressure and plaque in the arteries. New research indicates it also slows the progression of tumors. Four to eight ounces a day is highly recommended.
- Green Tea: Though all teas are great for you, green tea has a unique profile of plant chemicals that have anti-cancer activity. It’s now fairly established that green tea may help prevent the following types of cancers in humans: bladder, colon, esophagus, pancreas, rectum and stomach. If that’s not enough, it also appears to help with weight control.
Eat healthy and stay healthy, that’s the mantra of living a healthy life, along with these healthy natural foods, exercising also helps keep the body fit and healthy.